Thursday, April 1, 2010

Middle Names

I am 80% sure that I am having a girl. It's just a feeling. I knew Joseph was going to be Joseph from the very first of the pregnancy. I knew he was going to be born on the 16th nearly a month before he was born. And at the beginning of my labor, which was around 13 hours, I knew that he would be born around 4 AM (4:46 AM). So, I'm trusting my feelings for now and thinking that this baby will be a girl.

I already know that I want her name to be Anne. I've known that I would have an Anne since Mitchell and I were engaged. But Mitchell doesn't like the middle name that I wanted. I wanted Cordelia, but Mitchell and his brother, Ross, say it sounds like cornucopia too much. So I have no middle names. Mitchell wanted Annabelle, but we determined that Annabelle Ellis sounds awful.

Anyone have ideas?

5 comments:

  1. What letter do you want it to start with? Do you want to stick with a C or do you have a preference?

    (Incidentally, Annabelle Ellis Sounds Awful would make a great title for a children's book!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Marie? Anne Marie has a nice ring to it, don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I automatically go family when it comes to figuring out middle names. But Anne is so simple it is difficult to find a good coupling. You could go Anne Marie...hee hee. Lynn would make a lot of n's. I personally like Noel, Faith or Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did some thinking and I came up with a few ideas :)

    Anne Elizabeth Ellis
    Anne Christine Ellis
    Anne Eleanor Ellis
    Anne Marie Ellis

    Those are the ones I can think of...you can always Google girl baby names :)

    ReplyDelete