Sunday, April 18, 2010

Why I'm Feeling Depressed

I figured out why I've been feeling depressed. It's because I'm stuck at home ALL the time. I usually only leave for church (where I spend most of it with small children incapable of intelligent conversation) and to go grocery shopping. And even when my husband is home, he is so insanely busy with school projects that I can't really talk or hang out with him. I really don't have any friends here in Virginia Beach and no one that I do know even lives close to us. It sucks having such huge ward boundaries. Most of the families with children Joseph's age live about 15-20 minutes away (driving). Mitchell graduates May 18, so I'll have more time to spend with him, but he'll still be working 50+ hours a week at his 2 jobs. I seriously cannot wait to get to Provo where I'll finally have friends and family to hang out with. And if we live in married housing, there will be lots of families with children for Joseph to hang out with. Only about 2 more months. I hope I can make it.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you can live close to us! I am so excited for you to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know EXACTLY how you feel. When we lived in Pittsburgh I was in the same boat. We had one car, which Chris took to school every day. I had no friends, and I was stuck at home all day every day with Dutch and Bo the Wonder Dog. (Not to mention I was terrified of our neighbor, but that's another story.) It really sucked. I'm sorry that I can't be there to play, but call me if you need an adult to talk to! 801-598-2763
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Just think how wonderful it will be when you get there in two months! I really feel for you - when I was in college it took me forever to make friends, and it was even harder to find the time or the means to see them. Hang in there, it's only a matter of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there. The worst thing is actually the weather for me. Here it is super nice for getting outside pretty much any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya! Chris was working (and living) in MD when Addie was born. The first few weeks, while he was still away, were seriously tough... and then I joined him in the DC area. It was still really tough. He was gone all the time (with the car) and we were living in a friend's basement (read: no natural light). Walks became my saving grace! Although I have the use of the car now, we are--again--in a basement (I DON'T recommend basements... it's a rough life!!). We have other extenuating circumstances making life difficult, but I highly recommend walks. It does a lot of good for Addie and it has helped me tons. You'd be surprised what that sunshine (Vitamin D!) and fresh air will do for you... especially when you are feeling sick. Been there!!! It honestly does help!!! Just know, while you may feel alone, you aren't and there are many who can sympathize/empathize. Hope that gives some comfort... =]

    ReplyDelete