Monday, April 5, 2010

Triple Threat

Yesterday was Easter, General Conference, and our 2nd Anniversary! Mitchell said it was a triple threat. I'm going to separate each part to make it easier.

Easter:
Mitchell had a basket set outside the bedroom door and eggs and things hidden around the room for Joseph when he woke up. He had a great time finding the eggs. He was shaking them and then figured out how to open and started throwing the candy around. Later in the afternoon, I fell asleep without picking up all the candy and he figured out how to eat it, so all evening he was on a major sugar high and crawling around the house like a maniac. I had to give him a bath because he was so sticky. We had lunch with Mitchell's mom and sister between sessions and it was really nice. It was a really good Easter. One of the things we got Joseph is a board book of the first Easter. It's really beautiful and it will be wonderful to read every year.
Coming out to find his sheep and basket.
Finding his Easter book.
His first egg.
Trying to pose with the monkey that Grandma Pyle gave him.
2 more eggs.


General Conference:
We went to the church to watch the first session. It was so wonderful. I think my favorite talk was President Uchtdorf's. I also noticed that many talks over the weekend included a lot about the importance of families, teaching your children, and being a good parent. I liked that. My family is the most important thing to me. We had to leave towards the beginning of President Monson's talk because I suddenly started having a really bad allergy attack and my throat was swelling up. I still don't really know what caused it. The 2 Benadryl I had to take kicked in when the second session started, so I unintentionally slept through the whole thing. We'll watch the talks we missed as FHE lessons.
Anniversary:
We like to follow the gift list for anniversaries just because it makes it fun. The 2nd anniversary is cotton. So Mitchell got me 2 pairs of Victoria's Secret yoga pants that I've been wanting. They are black with a color on the waistband; one pair is hot pink and the other is purple leopard print. I love them, I'm even wearing a pair right now. They are so comfortable, too. For some reason, the gift I got him wasn't shipped until 3 days after I bought it, so it's not here yet. I'm annoyed because I payed extra so it would get here in time. I'm probably going to call and get my money back. I'll post of picture of it after he gets it, in case he saw my blog beforehand. We broke the Sabbath and went out to eat dinner together. We went to Yukon Steakhouse, which is a place his dad used to take them on some Sundays when he had them for the weekend. We had a good time and I was glad I didn't have to cook because I was still out of it from the Benadryl. We watched a movie together when we got home. It was a really good anniversary. We always have so much fun buying each other gifts. I know we'll have fun next year, too. And maybe our anniversary won't be on a Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Joseph is so dang cute!! I can't believe how big he is getting!! thanks for sharing these pictures with me. Happy Late Anniversary and Happy Late Easter. Glad you guys had a great day

    ReplyDelete