Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Wonderful Blessing

I've been super busy the past couple days. I'm only taking the time to write now because we had a wonderful blessing today.

Yesterday was our roommate Aaron's birthday. We went to his parents' house for cake and ice cream. His sister always makes new and interesting cakes for everyone's birthdays. This year for Aaron's, she tried doing a giant cookie with a giant brownie on top. But there was a dip and she needed to make it level, so she melted chocolate chips and poured them in between. As I was taking a bite, I felt a crack in my mouth. I had cracked the cement on my bridge trying to bite through almost 1/2 an inch of solid chocolate. It was painful and my bridge could come out. It's actually a fake tooth that's cemented to the backs of the teeth on either side. We had no idea how we were going to pay for any dental work. Then Mitchell's mom called to ask him something and he told her about what happened. She told us that one of the Brothers in the ward works with Mitchell's old dentist. We got an appointment today and he fixed it for me for only $50. What an amazing blessing! It normally would have cost at least $200. Thank goodness for the kindness of members of the church.

1 comment:

  1. That is a blessing! My tooth cracked in May and we have now spent about $3000 on dental bills since. Money we truly cannot afford, but somehow we are managing.

    ReplyDelete