Monday, October 19, 2009

A (Nearly) Perfect Evening

Tonight has been very calm and very nice. I bathed Joseph with the smell of a pear coffee cake wafting in from the kitchen. Then we read stories and I exhausted my repertoire of memorized Primary songs trying to get him to sleep, but I succeeded about 40 minutes ago. It's very quiet and peaceful in the house. I was listening to a Norah Jones radio station that I created on pandora.com (check it out, it's an awesome website) and that plus the running of the dishwasher and dryer really just helped me relax. The only thing that would make the evening better would be Mitchell laying on the couch drawing or playing his PSP, but he works nights at Chick-Fil-A, at least for now.

He put in his 2 weeks notice on Saturday. He kept getting the feeling that it was time to quit and he's been wanting to quit for quite a while now. Ross, his brother, quit and then left on a mission and then most of his friends were fired and then he switched to evenings, so he doesn't have friends to talk to like he used to. And even more frustrating for him is that he's not appreciated for the work he does. He's been working there for a couple years now, I think, and he's been passed over for promotion multiple times. 4 people were just promoted this past week and only one of them had more experience than him working for Chick-Fil-A, but he's been working at that particular store longer than all of them. He's definitely one of the top ten most knowledgeable workers they have, but he's taken for granted. So he's looking for another job. Sam, another brother, does the hiring at an animation studio down in Atlanta and sent Mitchell something to work on, so he might end up getting a job down there. I don't really want to move to Georgia, but I'll follow my husband anywhere.

I have a lot of thoughts in my head, so I'm going to keep blogging until I get them all out.

When I was singing Joseph to sleep, I looked up the Primary Program songs for this year and started singing those ones to him. One of the songs is How Firm A Foundation. I absolutely love that song and I can't sing it without tears coming. Every time I sing it, I think that it must have been written specifically for me. The only thing I don't like is that we never sing all the verses in church and they are such great verses, too. Verses 3 and 4 are my favorites and they are the ones that I can't get through without getting choked up. I'm going to post the words so you can read how wonderful they are for yourself.

3. Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give the aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

4. When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not thee o'erflow.
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to the thy deepest distress.

The rest of the song is amazing, too.

Okay, so I'm coming to the end of my post. I need to set a goal for tomorrow. I've been slacking on the goal setting thing for a couple days. So, tomorrow I am going to unpack and sort out all my vitamins. Mitchell's dad is a psychiatrist and recommended some vitamins to take that will help with my depression and my awesome mom also recommended some, too. So now I need to actually unpack them and start taking them again because I haven't been since we moved into the apartment. I will report my progress tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

  1. It is good to have goals everyday. It makes my days go better. I have not accomplished one that I set for the day, so I have better get going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem pretty ambitious. I stink at the whole goal thing. Maybe if I wrote my goals down, I'd do better at getting things accomplished. I'm so glad you have a blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete