Friday, October 16, 2009

Cookie Mania






I did it! I made over 70 cookies today! It was fun, too. It was hard and I almost gave up, but I did have fun.

I didn't get started until the afternoon because I was doing stuff with Mitchell. Luckily, he was home to help with the baby, otherwise I wouldn't have finished. I decided to make a double batch because I knew I wanted to take cookies to people. I don't have a mixer, so I was borrowing my mother-in-law's hand mixer. I had probably 4 cups of flour left to add when the mixer started to smell funny. I decided to mix in the rest by hand. That's when I almost gave up, but Mitchell came in and started adding the flour and mixing it all together. He got it to the right consistency for rolling it out and turned it back over to me. I rolled and cut and rolled and cut and rolled and cut for a long time. Then I baked for a long time. I made a single batch of frosting and did the white and black frosting. Then I made another single batch and did the orange and green frosting. I don't have one of those icing decorating kits, so I used sandwich bags to frost the details.
We delivered 6 plates of cookies. 4 were to sisters that I visit teach, 1 was to a family that Mitchell home teaches, and the last was to Mitchell's mom. None of the sisters were home and 2 of them don't even live at that address anymore. Luckily, they still have family living there who were willing to deliver the cookies. I have 1 more plate to deliver to a sister tomorrow and Mitchell taking one to Kevin at work. Delivering the cookies was an adventure in itself. It was cold, dark, and rainy and we had to drive all over Virginia Beach. It was fun, though.
Tomorrow I have a huge mess to clean up.
Mitchell told me to save it until tomorrow so that I can get to bed at a decent time. It's already really late. I'm happy, though. I'm glad that I accomplished this goal that I set for myself and I had fun in the process. Yay me!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is amazing. They look so good.

    (I can't believe you have 4 (or 5?) sisters you need to visit. I have 3 and used to have 2.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is right. High goals are hard to reach. You did a great job, Sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete