Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pregnancy Update - 2

We spent an hour and a half in the hospital last night because I was contracting every 7-8 minutes. And I blame it all on Walmart.

We went to Walmart to pick up my prescription. When I dropped it off, they said it'd be ready in an hour and a half. It's kind of far to Walmart from our apartment, so we decided to just wander around until it was ready, slowly of course. We finally go to pick it up and they tell us they don't have it in stock and won't have it until tomorrow at 12:30. So we'd just spent all that time in Walmart for no reason.

Later in the evening, we are watching some X-Files and I start contracting. I didn't have my medication to stop the contractions, so I just try resting and relaxing. After an hour or so of regular contractions, we finally decided that it would be best for us to go into the hospital. I accidentally called our neighbors thinking their number was the doctor's number and they had us take Joseph over there. Luckily, everyone at the Utah Valley Hospital works very quickly and is very nice. That was the shortest and most pleasant hospital visit we've ever had. They gave me a couple shots of Turbutaline and my contractions stopped. But that hour of contractions dilated me about another cm so I'm now 2 1/2 cm dilated.

We went back to Walmart and picked up my prescription this afternoon. It's working, but I hate the side effects. The medicine gives me really bad tremors and makes me very out of it. I don't know how I'm going to survive the next 2 weeks if I'm going to be taking this regularly. Lots of prayer, I think.

So please keep me and the baby in your prayers. Hopefully, everything will work out fine. I'm just going to put my trust in Heavenly Father's judgement on what's best for me and the baby.

2 comments:

  1. You are in our prayers. I used to do this and I got all of the girls here Okay but it did take a lot of bedrest the last month. It was so frustrating at the time. I look back on it and realize how worth it every day in bed was to have a healthy baby. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this - it's almost exactly like what I went through with my third child. I wish I were closer so that I could help out. I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete