Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pregnacy Update - 3

I've been reacting pretty badly to the Terbutaline that the doctor prescribed me. My heart was pounding so hard (my heart rate was in the 110-120 range for about 6 or 7 hours yesterday) that I was having chest pain and the tremors were so bad I couldn't do anything (I almost cut of my finger trying to slice some tomatoes). So I called the doctor to ask if I could have something different. It turns out there was a miscommunication somewhere and the amount that was written on the instructions on the bottle was an overdose of the medication. Yesterday I took over 4 times the amount I should have. So now I'm taking the correct dose and things should be a lot better. I might even be able to get out of bed and do some stuff. I'm not actually on bed rest, I'm just supposed to take it easy, but the effects of the medicine have kept me in my bed almost constantly. The doctor said that I only have to take the medicine until a little before the 10th. So I'm just going to press on and pray that things will get easier.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you had Mitchell give you a blessing. That is such a help! I did this with my second pregnancy and I didn't like the medicine either. It turned out just fine.

    ReplyDelete