Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm Finally Back!

I can't believe it's been nearly 3 months since I posted. I guess I have to apologize. I finally realized that not only am I not doing something relaxing and enjoyable, but I'm keep all of my family and friends out of the loop on what is going on with us. So I'm going to try to go back to posting at least every other day.

We just spent a wonderful 2 days in Manti with Popi and Doreen. It was the first time that Mitchell and Joseph met them. We just had so much fun and didn't want to leave last night, but we are speaking in church today.

Joseph has thrown up twice now, once at 3:00 AM and once at 9:00 AM. I have no idea why he's throwing up. He doesn't have a fever and, once the inital shock of throwing up is over, he's just fine. He's dancing to the Wiggles right now. I don't know if it's okay for me to take him to church, even if it's just Sacrament Meeting. I wouldn't want him throwing up all over the chapel, but Mitchell and I are both supposed to speak.

I'm actually kind of excited about my talk. I used to love giving talks, but the past few years, I've dealt with anxiety that makes me feel really sick when I have to do something like that. Being at Popi's gave me so much peace of mind and I was able to write a wonderful talk. I'm speaking on Seeking Personal Revelation and using Sis. Beck's talk from the April 2010 General Conference as my resource. I feel like Heavenly Father wanted me to speak on this specific topic because it's something that I really need in my life right now. I'm terrible about unconciously filling my life with distractions so that I can't hear promptings and whispers from the Holy Ghost. Preparing for this talk has helped me realize this and now I can work on changing it.

I'm excited to be a blogger again and I'm going to try really hard to keep at it! Now I have to get ready for church.

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts! I'm so glad that you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you and wondering how you have been, and then I got onto my blog and noticed you posted something. I'm glad to hear everything is going well. I haven't been to Manti in so long. My parents were just out there and showed me pictures of our old house in Manti. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete