Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Sick House

We have been sick at our house for what seems like forever. That is a major part of why I didn't post for so long. Early on the morning of the 14th, I woke up to Joseph's burning hot forehead. His fever was about 102 degrees. I spent that whole day rocking and holding him. He didn't want to do anything. I could tell he felt very sick. I finally called and made an appointment because Tylenol wasn't even really putting a dent in his fever, but they soonest they had was for the next morning. He had no fever the next morning and was feeling much better. He was still a little congested and had a little cough. The doctor said it was probably just because he was cutting 4 teeth. That was on Friday. On Monday, I started to feel stuffy and really exhausted. By Tuesday morning I was definitely sick and Joseph was feeling sick again. We both continued to get more and more sick for the rest of the week. Friday and Saturday were the worst for me. Joseph started running a low fever on Saturday evening. Mitchell woke up Sunday morning with a cough and Joseph was still running a bit of a fever. I was starting to feel better, but we all stayed home from church. Joseph's cough kept getting worse and he continued to run a fever. He also had a lot of trouble sleeping. Mitchell stayed sick, but I got better. I finally called Joseph's doctor again on Tuesday and made an appointment for Wednesday morning. His cold had developed into an ear infection. We got some antibiotics. I'm all better now. Joseph is finally starting to get better. Mitchell was getting worse the past couple days, but he said he's starting to feel a little better now. He's out working in the snow now (the snow will be tomorrow's post), but luckily delivery driving isn't very physically trying. It's been pretty frustrating being sick for so long. It seems like it's been forever even though it's only been 2 weeks. But Joseph and Mitchell are finally on their way to being healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment