Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dumpster Diver

I have become a dumpster diver.


The first time was the week after Halloween. I went to take out the trash and sitting right on top of everything in the dumpster was a pack of unused orange votive candles. I took them.


The second time was today. I was taking out a dirty diaper of Joseph's (you really needed to know that part...) and sitting on top of everything was this beautiful, glass vase. I brought it in, showed Mitchell, and washed it out. I really like it a lot.

I've been learning how to cook a lot lately. I never really learned much because I always had my mom or Samantha or Mitchell's mom to cook for me. But here, I have to do the cooking. And I'm learning to love it. Today I made a Spinach Quiche for dinner and it was really good. It could have cooked for a few more minutes, there wasn't enough cheese, and I forgot the salt and pepper, but compared to some of my other trys, it was great. I'm pretty proud of myself for everything that I'm learning.

Our new time for church is 3-6 PM. I'm not very happy about this. It's a horrible time for Joseph because it's right during naptime and dinner time and right before bedtime. And all of the kids in the Nursery are probably going to be cranky, too. Mitchell has to work tomorrow, too, so he won't be there to help me out. I'm not excited...

2 comments:

  1. I still don't like cooking very much - and I have a family of 5 to cook for! I'm getting better, though, and keep at it. We come from a long line of great cooks, so eventually we'll both be pros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have news - no matter when Church is - it is going to hit a time when kids are cranky because it isn't part of their normal routine. Brace yourself - say a lot of prayers and relax. That is the best you can do. Love you - Aunt Beckie

    ReplyDelete