Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stuff and other stuff

Well, Monday didn't go as planned. I didn't get my chores done. It wasn't a very good day for me. Yesterday was good, though. I worked too hard, though. I passed out asleep before I could spend any time with Mitchell (9 pm). Now I feel sick today. I'm hoping it's just bad allergies and it will go away in a day or two. So I don't know what's going to happen today. I can't even think straight enough to set a goal for today.

Oh, so last night I was thinking about Thanksgiving. We are eating at Mitchell's mom's this year, but someday I'll be in charge of Thanksgiving. I decided that I want my Thanksgiving to be like I remember it at Grandma and Popi's. The only problem is that it's been 10 years and I have a terrible memory. If all my Brugger family could help me remember what dishes Grandma normally made and if there are recipes, let me know, I would love it!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to start posting the recipes that Grandma made this week. She always had Exotic Fruit salad, and Pumpkin Chiffon pies in little individual pie shells. The rest of the stuff was usual Thanksgiving fare, sweet potatoes, mashed pototes, gravy and the biggest turkey she could find. Aunt Norma always brought a salad made from tomatoes, celery and cucumbers with Italian dressing on it. That was all that was in it and it tasted good with all the other heavy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He always made a turkey, but I never liked turkey, so he'd make a ham too. I also remember Grandma always had a dish with olives and pickles sort of as an appetizer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She made shrimp cocktail for an appetizer because you requested it when you were little and it became a tradition. Also, she always had her rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the one that requested the shrimp cocktail? That's funny. It's one of the things I remember and the fruit salad and the olives and pickles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT ABOUT THE FUNERAL POTATOES!!!!! I can't believe that ya'll would forget those! That was my favorite very bestest part - and she ALWAYS made them for me when she was at Aunt Marianne's for the holidays. Of course, she would leave a portion without cornflakes just for me because I despise crunchy on top of soft. Anyway. Oh, and Omi's rolls. You can't have Thanksgiving without those! Aunt Marianne has the recipe to make those in the bread machine.

    ReplyDelete