Saturday, November 12, 2011

Music 101

I'm actually really beginning to enjoy my Music 101 class. At first it was a bit boring because we were covering stuff that I had already covered in my other class. But I recently made a friend in the class, her name is Rachel, and we have a fun time sitting together and talking. We are also learning about new things that I didn't know about. It is an easy class for me because I enjoy classical music and I understand how music works pretty well. I think a big part of that is from Popi. When I was a really little girl and we lived with Popi and Grandma, I would play in the living room at night when Popi would listen to classical music and relax in his chair. I felt really embarrassed during the midterm review last night. Without realizing it, I kept raising my hand and answering a lot of the questions, then I noticed that people were starting to turn around and stare at me. I stopped answering as many questions after that because I was worried that people was thinking I was being a know-it-all. I took the midterm today and did really well, though, which was exciting to me. It always feels good when I do well in my classes, especially because I don't usually give them as much attention as I think I should. I'm glad that I am able to be in school and I'm grateful for all the things that I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment