Monday, October 3, 2011

Finally, a Good Day

Life has been very busy and stressful for me the last 2 weeks. I've been concerned with how I would make it through this next semester. Sadly, General Conference was not the relaxing and uplifting weekend that I wanted it to be. I was only able to really listen to Elder Scott's talk because the kids were eating breakfast. After that, everything just got insane and I didn't get to listen to another talk well enough to know what was being talked about. I did get some snippets, which I am grateful for, but I ended the weekend feeling more stressed than when it began.

Last night, I sat down and decided that I was going to write out a schedule for myself and work on not getting stressed out. I didn't really follow my schedule today, but it has been the most peaceful day that I have had in a long time. I slept in (I have no memory of my alarm going off even though it did), but just went with the flow when the kids woke me up. I decided to skip classes so that I could spend time with my family, which I haven't been able to do properly for a couple weeks. I got some studying done, cleaned my living room and vacuumed under all the furniture, and played with the kids outside. It was nice to just do some regular things.

I've been stressing about my classes a lot. I tend to freak out if I'm not doing perfectly in my classes, but I've been having a difficult time doing my classwork and taking care of my children and home at the same time. I have finally reconciled myself with the fact that I will have to sacrifice having A's in class in order to keep my sanity.

I hope that I am able to keep this outlook and attitude towards life so that my depression doesn't take over, especially while Annabelle is teething.

1 comment:

  1. Great attitude! You can do this! :). I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete