Sunday, January 2, 2011

Big Update

We all stayed home from church today. Mitchell and Joseph are sniffing and coughing all the time, I have a sore throat, and Annabelle even has a little bit of a stuffy nose. We were originally going to bless Annabelle today, but post-poned it until the 16th because of our sickness.

I took a really long nap with Annabelle today and it was great. I was just really tired and couldn't even keep my eyes open. Luckily, Annabelle was tired, too. It frequently seems like she's the most awake when I'm the most tired. Hopefully, my nap and an early bedtime tonight will give me the energy I need to be a mommy tomorrow.

Mitchell has started doing freelance web design for a graphic design company in Orem. It's nice having him working again, but I'm not good at being by myself with the kids so often. It really wears me down and I have more problems with my depression. I might have to go up on my meds soon. School starts on Tuesday and Mitchell has classes every day and then he'll be working either at home or the office quite frequently. I'm just going to pray really hard and be really patient.

Annabelle is such a sweetheart. She's such a happy little girl. It's funny because it seems like she's either really happy or really upset. She's a girl of extremes. She seems to do things in periods. She'll have a period of eating where it's pretty much all she wants to do for a day or two. Then she'll switch to sleeping and she hardly ever wakes up. She'll even have pooping periods where I have to change her every 30 minutes or so and she goes through 3 or 4 outfits in one day. It's pretty funny, but sometimes exhausting... especially when it's an eating period.

I've decided to work on my goals for the New Year one at a time. Since they are more of projects than things that need to be done on a regular basis, I think this will help me accomplish them more easily. I've been brainstorming and organizing for my chore book. I'm collaborating a lot with Mitchell so that it's something that will work for our family for a long time. We've decided to leave monetary amounts out. We'll decide how much the kids earn based on the number of jobs done, the difficulty of the jobs, and the age of the child. I'm really excited to keep working on this. Along with making the book, I'm trying to get into better cleaning habits. I'm usually a pretty messy person. So I'm trying to make sure that I stay pretty clean when I cook dinner and I'm working on doing the dishes right after we eat, instead of when we've run out of clean ones. I'm also trying to get into the habit of making my bed every morning.

Alright, I think I'm done updating now. I just want to add that I'm grateful for my husband and that he took care of Joseph while I napped today.

No comments:

Post a Comment