Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Zoo and Spending Time with Kids

The Negative:
There is SO much stuff around my house that needs attention, but I feel like I either don't have the time or the energy to ever take care of things. It's really frustrating because I just feel like I always have this weight on my shoulders of all the responsibilities and tasks that are waiting for me. And I just can't seem to find the right balance...

The Fun:
The kids and I went to the zoo today. We had way too much fun there and really wore ourselves out. They spent the majority of the time playing on the splash pad they have at the zoo. We did look at a few animals, though. I'd post some pictures now, but it's late and I haven't gone through them yet.

The Lesson:
This morning I read a blog post that a wonderful friend shared on Facebook. And it really got me thinking about things. The point of it was that spending time with the kids is an accomplishment. It is important. And it's a very good way to spend the day. So I tried to keep that in mind today. It's hard because I have that weight of stuff to do on my shoulders, but if I keep trying to find a good balance, The Lord will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment