Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Change

I'm going to deviate from my recent format today.

I'm pretty sure I've talked on here before about how I have a difficult time dealing with change. Friday was Mitchell's last day of work, so now he's home all the time. And it's really throwing me off. I love having him here just because I feel like I've hardly seen him since we moved to Georgia, but I can seem to stay focused or on task. I've spent most of the past three days reading Mitchell's Dragon Ball comics (it's weird, I know). And my house is becoming an even bigger mess. I've suddenly lost all my motivation and I can't seem to stick to the routine I had finally gotten settled into.

All of this isn't helped by the fact that I started my period this week (sorry if this is TMI!), so I'm moody, crampy, and cranky. I'm not used to this whole period thing; it's only the second one I've had since I got pregnant with Charlie over 2 years ago.

If I try to look at things from another standpoint, it's not so bad, though. I've made dinner for my family, the kids had a bath today, we've been grocery shopping and got gas, and we've had a lot of fun together as a family. I guess the "moral of the story" is that I need to be a little more lenient with myself and remember that I just need time to adjust, but I can do my best while that's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment