Sunday, July 20, 2014

Still Thinking

I've been continuing to look into schools and such. I found that I could possibly get an Associate's Degree at Chattahoochee Technical College, which is here in Marietta. That's the cheapest option of course, but that's the only cheap option in Georgia; BYU is significantly cheaper than any 4-year colleges around here. And, to be honest, I really just want to go to BYU. I love the atmosphere there, and I love having the Gospel integrated into all my classes. 

Right now, it seems I'm the only one focused on school; most of the advice I keep hearing is to wait until the kids are older. While this isn't what I want, and I'm not even sure it's right for me at this time, I've decided not to push things. I'm going to continue my "journey" of self-discovery, so that when the times comes, I'll know the direction that I want to go in.

My plan for the next few weeks is to prepare my family and my home for the beginning of school and a possible job.

2 comments:

  1. You need to be ready when the opportunity comes. Research and prepare. Listen to the impressions you receive more than you listen to the advice of friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking about that last night. I was thinking how I always let the opinions of others sway my mind away from what I feel is best. I'm working very hard to stay in tune with the Spirit so that I can be lead in the right direction.

      Delete