Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Busy, Busy

Today was one of those exhausting days where my whole body Is aching by the end of it. But I did so many good things! 
I got a bunch of organizing done in my living room and dining room, which I'm not going to describe here because there's a whole post about it on my other blog. 
We went to the WIC office to pick up our next set of checks, then we went to Kroger to get a few things. 
I've decided to do research into subjects I'm curious about studying in school, so I've been doing my own history study, starting with the Paleolithic era. I read a few articles about Paleolithic art, and I watched a couple PBS documentaries about Neanderthals while I was making dinner and cleaning up afterwards.
I made chili and cornbread for dinner, but doubled the chili recipe because we were feeding the Elders. It was a bit hectic getting all the food ready, setting up tables and chairs, and serving everybody. It was because in addition to those basic tasks, there were a few other things adding to the chaos. It was pouring rain, so Mitchell opened the door for the cool air to come in, but Annabelle and Charlie went and played in it, and Annabelle was so wet that I had to help her change. The AC was turned off since the door was open, but it was like 85 degrees inside, so I was trying to set up the fan to help everyone keep cool. The kids were hungry, so they were whiny. AND, I wanted to be able to keep up with the conversation. It was all fun, though, and I'm really glad we were able to feed them. 
I'm really grateful that today was so busy. It's nice to prove to myself that I am capable of completing several projects as well as multitasking; sometimes I'm too hard on myself, and sometimes I just have bad days. But today was real-life proof that I am capable of the jobs I've been applying for!

No comments:

Post a Comment