Friday, July 25, 2014

A Day to Relax

I sort of took the day off today. I've been doing so many important things as well as a lot if housework this week, so I had earned a lot of gold on HabitRPG. I did use the morning to find out what stage our Food Stamps application is in, and to go over the budget for July and begin August's budget. We went to Kroger and got some WIC things. Then we decided to treat ourselves to Zaxby's for lunch. Sometimes it's just nice to do something a little special. I took a nice, long nap with Charlie after lunch. And we had breakfast for dinner with scrambled eggs, homemade turkey sausage, and Peanut-Butter-and-Banana pancakes. I did clean up the kitchen completely, and I put in two more job applications. So I didn't waste the day, I enjoyed it. 

We have a little hope right now with the freelance job Mitchell has been working on. If the game is picked up to be developed, he will have full-time employment with them. I'll be praying really hard for this, but I'm always keeping in mind that we follow whatever path The Lord shows to us.

2 comments:

  1. I love your comment, "So I didn't waste the day, I enjoyed it." I need to get better at striking that balance; I feel like my days are either super-productive-but-hectic-and-exhausting or a total waste of time looking at/doing "fun stuff" when I know I have responsibilities to tend to. How did you get to that point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I struggle with that same feeling most of the time. I'm always wearing myself out being super-productive, so then I have to take several days off just chilling and slacking on all my responsibilities. I think something that has helped is that I've read a lot of blogs and articles shared by many different friends on Facebook, and they all talk about finding the positive in your day, or not letting life become hectic, and that sort of stuff. It's definitely an active mental process.

      Delete