Saturday, November 13, 2010

Trouble Being Thankful...

I have to admit that I've been having trouble being thankful the past few days. And it all has to do with money, specifically the lack of money. I've been worrying a lot lately because we don't have any money and there are things that we could really use. Now that Annabelle is here, I have to go back to my old wardrobe, a lot of which is now too small or is not nursing friendly. And Mitchell, Joseph, and I don't have very good winter wardrobes because it didn't get that cold in Virginia. It wouldn't be as big of a deal, except that we have to pay for every load of laundry that we do and it's getting really expensive. And we are suddenly needing to buy WAY more diapers and wipes. I don't even know how we are going to make it to the end of the month. It's seeming very unlikely that we'll be able to buy each other Christmas presents. I don't know what to do... but I can't keep worrying.

I am thankful for Popi and his help which we wouldn't survive without.

I am thankful that we are able to get food stamps, so at least we have PLENTY to eat.

I am thankful that the children have insurance and that I will for about a month longer.

2 comments:

  1. great job for looking at the positive side of things. it may not be easy at times but one day it sure will be worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there still doing that. Maybe making your own wipes would be cheaper and save you a little. Plus definitely alcohol free. All you need are paper towels, baby shampoo and some water.

    One thing I have learned is that the Lord is very aware of us and makes things happen you would never think possible. We have a car that seats 5 people and have 6 people in our family. I have faith that something will happen soon to remedy our problem but I can't fathom what that is.

    I love you and you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete