Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stress



So, it has been a very long time since I've posted. I've realized that even though I made this blog to help with my emotions/depression, when I really am depressed or stressed, I ignore it. I'll have to work on that.




Things are very stressful right now:




  • Mitchell still doesn't have a job.


  • We have less than $50 to live on until one of us gets a job and a paycheck.


  • Pretty much all of our Christmas plans are ruined.




I spent almost 4 hours at the Department of Human Services yesterday. We applied for food stamps (now called SNAP) and TANF. It was very tiring because Joseph didn't want to be held for that long, but he couldn't crawl around there.




Joseph discovered spitting a few days ago. Now he spits his food on me whenever he eats. It's so annoying and frustrating. I don't know how to get him to stop. He thinks it's hilarious and saying "No!" just makes him laugh even more.




I had a job interview at Food Lion on Tuesday. If I don't hear back sometime today, then I didn't get the job. I don't think I will. She didn't like that one of my reasons for quitting my last job was to care for my baby. I think she's looking for someone who's going to be there for a while and I'm just looking for a job to get us through the next 3 or 4 months.




Mitchell has a job interview for a manager position at Chipotle, but it's not until next Tuesday. That seems way too long to wait. I hope he get the job, though.




I had my appointment with the counselor at the Mental Health Department. It was good to finally get in there. She put me in group therapy, but I haven't been able to go because we can't afford to pay for them. My Psych. Eval. is tomorrow. I'm going to go to that and just hope that we get a job before we get the bill. I'm on a sliding fee scale and nothing costs more than $10, but we don't even have that much.




So, to sum everything up, life is pretty hard right now.
My goal for the day is: to do something to make me laugh.




Oh, and here's a picture of what Joseph does whenever I try to use the computer.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, sweetie! And I completely understand. We've been there, done that - and I was running a daycare out of our 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, and a kitchen home. With 6 kids. I truly understand. We love you, and will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it seems like you are in a hard situation right now!! Ask your Bishop to see if he can put you on the list to get food from the Bishop's Store House for ONE Month!! That is how they start out usually and the food is pretty good and at least you will have something to eat for you and your baby!!! Is there anything I can do for you guys? I am so far away and wish I could help. I will be praying for you guys hard this next couple of weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. First go to family, then to the church. We have been there a couple of times. The Lord always provides a way. He loves you. Trust your bishop right now. Also, get a blessing of comfort. It brings amazing peace. (Your husband could probably use one as well. Blessings are my first thought in situations like these because they give me strength to go on.)

    ReplyDelete