Sunday, June 24, 2012

Changing My Mind

I just posted yesterday about how we are planning on moving into a larger apartment. We have decided to stick it out in our current apartment for the next year until Mitchell finishes at BYU.

Several things led to us changing our minds:

~ Earlier this week, I was talking to my dad and I mentioned that we were planning to move. He was like, "Why?" His suggestion was to save up the extra money that we would be paying for a bigger apartment. That led us to think about the fact that, right now, Popi is paying for our rent and we don't want to ask him for an extra $100 a month.

~ Today in Relief Society, the lesson was on President Uchtdorf's Forget-Me-Not talk. As we were talking about his "Forget Not to be Happy Now" point, I realized that I have been putting all my thoughts towards moving, thinking that we will be happier after we move. Talking to Mitchell about my impressions helped me realize how wrong I was in feeling that. Moving would be so much work and we are FINALLY feeling moved in to this apartment (it's only been 2 years).

~ The final factor was just realizing how much I love the ward we are in and that I don't want to have to get to know all new people right before we move again.

It's going to be an adventure living with 4 of us in this small apartment, but I know we can do it and it will be so much better for us. I'm actually excited about going back to do everyday things instead of constantly working towards moving.

1 comment: