Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Illustration Program

It has been almost a month since I last posted! I'm just as bad at this whole blogging thing as I was afraid I'd be.

August was a crazy month for us. We had a whole lot going on. Especially with me finishing classes at the same time Mitchell applied to the Illustration program.

I finished up my classes and took exams the first week and a half of the month. I got A's in both my classes! It was a great first term of school.

Mitchell turned in his application for the Illustration program on the 1st and the review was on the 8th. This was his last chance to apply to the program, so there was a lot of stress. He had to repaint almost all of the paintings that he applied with the first time. We found out on the 10th that he had gotten into Illustration program and also into the Concept Art focus track. It's really exciting! The Concept Art track is very exclusive, with only 5 students in it at a time. With a degree in Concept Art, he has the ability to get jobs at places like Disney, Dreamworks, or Blizzard.

Once we found out that Mitchell was in the program, a month long class shuffle began. He learned that he needed to change a few of the classes he was in, but some of the classes he needed were full, so he was constantly checking for new openings. My classes were finally settled the Saturday before classes started. Mitchell's weren't final until the Wednesday after classes started. We are both loving the classes that we are in and are excited for the rest of the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment