Monday, February 8, 2010

Merit Badge Progress

First thing... on Thursday night after posting, Mitchell reminded me that my look-a-like is Amy Adams. I think if anyone was able to act as me, it would be her.



Second, a few months ago, I posted about a women's merit badge book that Mitchell gave me and the goal I'm working on. Well, this past weekend, I finally "shopped my closet". I also went through it again and got rid of all the clothes that don't fit right or that I feel ugly in. Now I don't have very many clothes. I'm not as small as I was before I got pregnant with Joseph, but I haven't really done much shopping since he was born, so I've been trying to squeeze into old clothes and I'm tired of feeling strangled all the time. Now I have a very long need/want list compiled. In order to get all of these things, I'm going to follow the steps in the book. First, I'm going to organize a clothing swap (I'm going to do it as a Relief Society/Young Women's activity). Then I'm going to window shop and look for the best deals on the things I need. Then I will slowly buy everything that I need. As side parts of the goal, I'm reworking my makeup techniques and I'm going to get a haircut. I'm trying to wear makeup more often and do my hair more often. If any of you feel like reading it, here's my shopping list:
  • 4 short-sleeved everyday t-shirts
  • 5 long-sleeved everyday t-shirts
  • 2 pairs of jeans (and eventually 3 more to replace the ones I have that are too long for my legs)
  • 1 black turtleneck sweater
  • 1 jean jacket
  • 1 "little black dress" (a modest version, of course)
  • 1 suit, I want a pink houndstooth pattern with a skirt (I'm probably going to have to make it myself)
  • 2 white shirts, 1 short- & 1 long-sleeved
  • 1 fancy dress
  • 6 pairs of exercise pants, 2 long & 4 short
  • 4 long-sleeved exercise shirts
  • 4 undershirts; pink, brown, navy blue, cream
  • 1 black belt
  • 5 pairs of capris or shorts
  • 1 black purse
  • 3 pairs of winter pajamas
  • 2 pairs of summer pajamas
  • 1 pair of knee-high boots
  • something 40's or 50's inspired (there's a beautiful dress that I want to make to fulfill this, I want to do the long-sleeved version in red)
  • something really brightly colored (maybe yellow, I've never had many yellow things)

The last 3 items are my style wishes that I chose as part of the goal; things that I've always wanted. The bold items are things that I've gotten already. It's kind of a lot and I'm not planning on getting it all right away. This Friday I'm going to the Sephora store and I'm going to play with all the makeup. It's going to be fun.

Just wondering, what are some of your style wishes?

1 comment:

  1. I would like tall boots. I have funny shaped feet, so it is hard to find boots that fit. I want a red dress that I feel cute in.

    ReplyDelete