Friday, May 9, 2014

Hardest Part of the Day

I have such a hard time with evenings. By the time I'm finished cooking dinner, I just can't take anymore. Cleaning up from dinner and putting the kids to bed seem like the most difficult jobs in the world. Sometimes, if I had an easy morning or a really long, relaxing afternoon, it's no big deal; however, that almost never happens. Why can't I just make it through one whole day taking care of my responsibilities without crashing or having a meltdown? 

I have a pork roast to put away and lots of dishes to do, some of the hand dishes have been sitting for like a week-and-half. My kids are running around like demons right now, jumping off furniture and wrestling each other. The thought of bathing, dressing, reading, and singing them to sleep, and then cleaning up from dinner is bringing me nearly to tears.

So, what are some ideas? How can I make evenings more tolerable or even, dare I say, pleasant?

No comments:

Post a Comment