Sunday, February 23, 2014

Our New Ward

Today was our second Sunday in our new ward. We are in the Kennesaw Mountain Ward, which is part of the Powder Springs Georgia Stake. I just checked, and our records have officially been transferred!

We've already been very active in the two weeks we've lived here. We've been to church twice, went to a "New Member" dinner with half the ward. I also went to a Relief Society activity and joined the ward choir.

This new ward is SO friendly. We were welcomed and greeted by so many people our first Sunday that I felt overwhelmed by names and couldn't remember most of them. I've been studying the program and paying close attention so that I can learn names quickly. And I've met several people in the ward that just seem...familiar, even though this is the first time I've met them. I always take that as a good sign because it usually means we'll become good friends.

I have really missed the Pioneer Park ward, though, and all the friends that I had there. I wonder how many Sundays will go by before I stop looking for Nicole or Kaydee to sit by in Relief Society. And it's weird when I think about needing someone to watch the kids, but realize that I can't just text Aja or Melissa. My hope is that I can make friends here that are as dear to my heart as those women are.

No comments:

Post a Comment