Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dream Home

In my excitement over moving into our new apartment, I started pinning a Pinterest shopping list for things we would need. That led me to start pinning things that I want to have for our new apartment, even though we can't afford them. And that led me to wondering what color schemes I want to have for our someday, final home because I don't want to buy things now that won't work with that decorating scheme. So I went to the library and checked out at least 10 books about decorating and home planning and stuff. But I won't know exactly what I want my decorating scheme to be unless I have an idea of what my house will look like, so I've been going through a book of over 500 Traditional house plans and marking the ones that fit my criteria for a "dream home." I've decided that I want a house with at least 4 bedrooms, a formal dining/living room area, and a open kitchen/family room with a breakfast area. For exteriors, I like stone and timbers on the front, big porches, shutters, and gables, dormers, turrets or bay windows. Inside, I like foyers, more than 1 story, bonus rooms or dens for Mitchell to work in, butler's pantries, "overlooks" on the second floor, powder rooms, coat closets, walk-in bedroom closets, a separate shower/bath in the master bathroom, fireplaces, and kitchen islands.This is a long list of wants/likes, so I'm just looking to get ideas that match as many of those as possible.  It's kind of silly that I'm doing this, but I LOVE it. I just love looking at house plans and making decorating plans and gathering design ideas. It's just way too fun.

1 comment:

  1. It's not silly at all!! I consider that prudent planning, because then you're not leaving those decisions and plans to the last minute, and ending up going with/without something that you'll end up regretting. :)

    ReplyDelete